Flapper Style - Dec. 08

Flapper Style - Dec. 08
103 kilos - This is the first photo I've had taken in years that I actually like!!!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Started

Well it has been a mission getting this far - total technophobe that I am - but I appear to be up and running. As my intention for this blog is to provide, for myself and anyone else who is interested, a photographic record of my weight loss, my next project is to sort out how to get the photos from the camera, to the computer, to this blog. Watch this space ....

I do not plan on telling my life story on this page, but a brief synopsis is that I have struggled on and off with my weight for years. Over time I have tried just about every diet going, from the Cambridge Diet, Mayo Clinic Diet (I still cannot eat boiled eggs after that one), grapefruit diet, Weight Watchers on at least 4 occasions in the past, Look Good, Feel Good, South Beach, Liver Cleansing Diet, Hip and Thigh and SureSlim. Have spent hundreds (thousands??) of dollars and not lost a lot of weight on any of them. Decided last year (2007) that enough was enough and I wasn't wasting any more money on programmes, I would do it myself which of course doesn't work - or at least not for me - not enough motivation and staying power. So the weight piled on and on and on until I hit my peak at 120 kilos.

In desparation in September 2008 I decided to have "one last go" with Weight Watchers and enrolled on-line and what can I say, except that I have found my salvation. The help and friendship I have found on-line has really got me motivated and losing weight in a way that I never encountered while attending WW meetings. Reading the posts every day has been an inspiration to me. To date I have lost nearly 14k.

So with a HUGE thank you to all those ladies on the boards, my journey continues ...

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo, you did it! Great start to your blog...and great that you got the photo on the blog. Sometimes the site plays up so it may not have been you. Are you really 120 kg in that pic? Looking forward to reading more on your blog...

    xx Heth

    ReplyDelete